Neighborhoods in Hillsborough can apply for a $2,500 to help strengthen their area.
Mini-grants are available to fund community projects in neighborhoods located in unincorporated areas and cities (Plant City, Tampa, Temple Terrace) within Hillsborough County. In addition, grants are available to neighborhoods in unincorporated Hillsborough County for tree-planting, low-irrigation and clean-up. Previous grant-funded projects include shrub and flower planting, subdivision entrance signs, playground equipment, neighborhood festivals, crime watch programs, Web sites, newsletters, education activities and more.
Those that are interested in applying for the grant must attend one of the orientation classes offered throughout Hillsborough County.
- Tuesday, July 6, 6:30 p.m. Brandon Regional Service Center, 311 Pauls Drive, Brandon, FL 33511
- Thursday, July 8, 6:30 p.m. Bruton Memorial Public Library, 302 McLendon St., Plant City, FL 33563
- Thursday, July 15, 6:30 p.m. Town N’ Country Commons Public Library, 7606 Paula Drive, Tampa, FL 33615
- Monday, July 19, 6:30 p.m. Lutz Branch Library, 101 Lutz-Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL 33548
- Wednesday, July 21, 10 a.m. SouthShore Regional Service Center, 410 30th St. S.E., Ruskin, FL 33570
- Thursday, July 22, 6:30 p.m. County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd, First Floor, Office of Neighborhood Relations, Tampa, FL 33602
Mini-grant applications will be accepted through Friday, Aug. 13, 5 p.m. via drop-off, mail or fax:
- Drop off or mail (must be postmarked by Aug. 13) to: Office of Neighborhood Relations, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., First Floor, Tampa, FL 33602
- Fax: 813-276-2621
Additional information about the grants can be obtained from the Office of Neighborhood Relations at 813-272-5860 and at the website: http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/onr. The web site also has the application for the grant.