School grades are based on the FCAT scores the students in a school make. The school grades take into account the percentage of students that have attained passing scores on individual FCAT exams for the current school year and if they have made improvements in their scores since last school year.
Each school district was also given a grade. All the school district in the Tampa bay area had an overall passing grade.
- Citrus County School District A
This is their 4th straight year with an grade of “A”.
- Hernando County School District B
Hernando County was an “A” last year.
- Hillsborough County School District A
This is Hillsborough County School’s 2nd straight year of receiving an “A”
- Pasco County School District A
Pasco County Schools has also had an “A” for two years in a row
- Pinellas County School District B
Pinellas County Schools has consistently gotten a “B” since the 2003-2004 school year,
- Polk County School District B
2nd in year in a row for Polk County Schools to receive a “B”
- Manatee County School District B
Manatee has always held on to a “B” grade.
- Sarasota County School District A
Sarasota County Schools has consistently maintained an “A”
You can visit the Florida Department of Education web site to see your child’s school grade and also the grade of your child’s school district made.